Escape what is haunting you and run free.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Current Loves: Makeup, Books, YT, and TV shows

Hello everybody this is my last post on this fine Wednesday and so I thought I would talk about things I've been loving because who doesn't LOVE to do that ? ;) 

Makeup:

MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation $27 on www.maccosmetics.com This foundation is definitely a holy grail product of mine. It gives beautiful coverage, is quick to apply, and leaves a flawless finish.

The Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen $17 on www.thebalm.com Its a perfect lip product for a person who hates reapplying lipstick. It provides an awesome berry, fushia flush to your lips and can also be used as a cheek stain for a natural pinched cheek look. 

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner $4 at any drugstore. These eyeliners are honestly the best. I have tried Urban Decay, NYX, Buxom and this takes the cake. It stays in place all day but is creamy as can be. I love the nude and brown shades for an effortless everyday eye. 

Books: 

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini is something I'm still finishing up but I already know its a winner. Its a simple, yet length read that provides scenarios very easy to relate to as well as a bit of humor in a twisted sort of way. A teen boy ends up with depression after getting into an elite private school where he feels less than average despite getting 100 on the acceptance exam. A great read. 

Paper Towns by John Green is the first John Green book I have ever read. Which I know is such a shame because he's like the king of young adult novels, but only now have I had enough to engross myself in wonderful books. Now I'm only about 50 pages into it as I just began today but let me tell you it feels like 200 pages with all the jam packed action. I mean that in the best way possible. His writing style is new and exciting to me. It revolves around a teenage boy whose neighbor, Margo, leads him into an exciting adventure that he can't even imagine where is going. A keeper for me. 


Youtube: The users named Mutantboyfriend,Beautybaby44,lohanthony, and DailyGrace have been my absolute obsessions. I can do another post about all my favorite youtubers because this post is already long enough, but these four have been my most watched vloggers. I have a lady crush on Grace and a regular crush on Jonah from MB because they're just so dang perfect. Lindsey from Beautybaby44 has been vlogging since her move to Cali for college and I have been obsessed with following her around. And Lohanthony is just Lohanthony. Fabulous, funny, and fierce. I think he's hysterical and definitely gives me a pick me up. 

TV Shows:

New Girl-First season on Netflix. My friend Roxanne recommend this one to me as well as the two books I previously mentioned so she kind of rocks. Anyway I love this series so much Zooey Deschanel plays a quirky, lively girl in her late twenties. She moves in with three crazy guys after a breakup. I love all three of her roommates, but mostly I love the character Schmidt. He's so out there which is definitely my slice of pie so I'm pretty much in love with him. Try out the first season on Netflix if you have it and I promise you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment